Founding member of Schulte Law Firm, Jock’s practice focuses on serving as a Settlement Master, Personal Injury, Estate Litigation, and Family Law. As a Settlement Master, John has successfully conducted more than 3,000 settlement conferences, arbitrations, and mediations covering all areas of law.
Born in Cleveland on January 19, 1950, Jock attended The Ohio State University and Lake Erie College where he received his B.S. in American Studies in 1972. After graduating, Jock moved to Missoula and was a fifth grade teacher at Victor and a fifth through eighth grade teacher at Target Range School.
In 1983, Jock began law school at the University of Montana. Upon graduation in 1985, with honors, Jock was admitted to the State Bar of Montana and began his practice as a lawyer. Several years later he founded Schulte Law Firm with the goal of bringing justice to Montanans through a superior work ethic and expert legal advocacy.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Top Lawyers of the Mountain States
- State Bar of Montana – Distinguished Service Award
- American Bar Association – Past Board of Governors
- State Bar of Montana – Past President, Past Chair of Board, Past Board of Trustees
- Western Montana Bar Association – Past President
- American Bar Association – member
- State Bar of Montana – member
- Western Montana Bar Association – member
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association – member
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers Association – member
- Western Montana Estate Planning Council – member
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals – member
Awards and Honors
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent Rated
- Wall Street Journal Award, 1994
- Instructor in Business Law, University of Montana, 1987